Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. was founded in October 2005 in the State of Colorado with the corporate office being located in Colorado Springs, CO. Prior to the start of Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc., Sue Fisher, President, was a volunteer for Chihuahua Rescue & Transport, Inc.
When Sue decided to start Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. she researched what volunteers liked and disliked about the organizations they were volunteering for. She made a list of all the dislikes and the likes and decided that Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. would not do all the things that she was told that were dislikes. The organization was started! Since October 2005, Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. has become a strong rescue organization in the State of Colorado and now is very proud of the alliances, references and credentials that have been earned.
We do at times take in owner surrenders, as long as there is complete documentation that the owner is the legal owner of the little one they are surrendering. 98% of all rescues that are taken in are from shelters. When we receive a little one from any source, we ensure that we have all the proper paperwork giving us legal ownership of the dog.
Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. will help other rescue organizations in any way possible. We will help with transport, help other new organizations get started; help organizations make contact with shelter managers. We are here to help whenever we can. This organization is all for the dogs, no matter what breed.
• Member of American Humane Society
• Adams County Animal Shelter- Shelter Manager
• Larimer Humane Society – Foster Program
• LaJunta Animal Services – Shelter Manager
•Rocky Ford – Shelter Manager
• Eagle County Animal Shelter
•Denver Animal Shelter
• Colorado Department of Agriculture – PACFA License # 131-5406-06
(Received April, 2006)
• Colorado Security of State – Charitable Organization – License # 20053008432
(Received Oct 25, 2005)
• Colorado Secretary of State – Articles of Organization – We are in Good Standing
(Filed October, 2005)
• IRS Federal ID number – 20-3492450
(Received Oct, 2005)
• Internal Revenue Service – 501 (c)(3) DNL # 17053342008035, Effective Date
The PACFA License requires a yearly inspection by Colorado Department of Agriculture