Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. does not adopt out dogs on a first come, first serve basis. Because we want this to
be a permanent adoption, we will place the dog in the home best suited for him/her. We will not hold dogs for homes that
are not ready to adopt yet or have not yet been approved.
Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. is 100% spay/neuter prior to adoption. We do NOT make exceptions so please do
not ask. If we have puppies available (which is rare), they will not be available to go to an adoptive home until they are
spayed or neutered. They will also have an increased adoption fee.
Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. does not do out of state adoptions. A home visit is absolutely required. We have to
visit and verify and counsel with each potential adopter. When we do the visits we often see something that needs to be
addressed that the applicant might not think to mention. If an adoption doesn't "click" and the new home is far from the
foster homes, it makes it extremely complicated and difficult to retrieve the dog and get him to either the original or another
an email from the volunteer, who will schedule a time with you to do a home visit and answer any questions you may have.
family A home visit is mandatory for all adopters. This will involve a rescue volunteer coming to your home and visiting with
you. All family members and pets must be present at the time of the visit. If you refuse a home visit, your application will
be declined. Once your home visit is completed, your application and home visit report will then be forwarded to the Board
of Directors who will either approve or decline your application for adoption. We reserve the right to refuse any adoption. We
will notify you of your adoption status. We will require you to sign our adoption contract and pay an adoption fee of $200.00
to $300.00 but this can and will vary depending on the dog you are adopting. The adoption fee is listed in each dog's bio.
Fees can and will increase for puppies due to the extra vet work that we must perform on them. This will help other small
dogs in need, just as the one you're adopting.
Adoption Information: These are a few things to remember when looking to adopt a dog from us. These are only a few of
our requirements, not all of them:
• Be an adult with responsibility for maintaining a household (no students).
• Have current identification showing address and/or phone number.
• Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in household.
• Be able to spend the time and money necessary to provide for the training, medical treatment and proper care of the
• Have the resources to make a non-refundable adoption fee.
• Agree to provide the pet with an indoor home and be willing to consider him as a member of the family.
• Understand that all Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc.'s dogs are spayed/neutered, no exceptions.
• Understand that all pets in an adopter's home must be spayed/neutered, no exceptions.
• Understand that children's age restriction will be based on their exposure to and experience with the breed.
• Place personal ID on the pet as soon as possible.
• Provide an environment for the animal that will keep him safe and secure.
• Understand that Chihuahua & Small Dog Rescue, Inc. has the right to either deny or approve your adoption
application without explanation.
A Few Points To Remember: You may not be contacted until there is a dog available that might be a good match for you.
Every dog will not fit into every household. It is left to the discretion of the Board of Directors, whether to approve a
We do not adopt out dogs to be given as gifts. If someone you know would like a dog, have that person fill out the online